B E A U T I F U L S K I N y o u a r e w h a t y o u e a t The last place in your body to get nutrition is the skin, so the quality of your skin is representative of the level of your nutrition. An holistic practitioner can also tell the state of your adrenals, heart, lungs, liver, etc by the external signs of your skin, eyes, hair, nails.
Nutrition can also be absorbed transdermally, with foods such as coconut or cacao butter, honey, avocado, etc. I'll be listing what I've actually tried myself and loved, whether it be just one substance, or a recipe. The skin is the largest organ and is a sponge for what is applied to it. That is why skincare formulations with toxins to preserve them, perfumes, and even artificial colourings are a really bad idea. There's also the fact that they only do a superficial and sometimes temporary job on your face .. which won't match the condition of the skin on your neck, hands .. the rest of your body.
It's a more intelligent approach to stimulate the production of great skin with a superior diet, and a raw one has more in tact nutrition .. antioxidants and minerals to get you glowing from the inside out and give you a more natural appearance of youth. Over a couple of years of eliminating toxins and processed foods, you'll allow your body a chance to regenerate itself almost entirely, and in seven years, completely.
So learn to examine the fine print of ingredients, and take a look at sites such as www.ewg.org for a database and comparative analysis of safe, organic makeup and skin care ranges, or easily whip up your own with your food. There are endless recipes for effective skin care online. These are some of my easy favourites: a l o e f a c e t r e a t m e n t Aloe is phenomenal for your skin, whether taken in your diet or used topically. Cut a piece of aloe leave close to the stem from underneath (closest to the soil), and then cut a section from the wide end enough for your face (say 3 cms) .. no need to refridgerate, as it will naturally seal at the cut at room temperature. Slice through the centre of it and use it up over 3 or 4 days, depending on the thickness, and save this same piece with halves resting together on a plate at room temperature .. until used up and dried out. This is best used as a night treatment, as there is some controversy around how the aloe chemically reacts with the sun .. so better to be on the safe side. Avoid the eye area, including upper lids. Aloe calms, softens, hydrates .. doesn't need anything added, and the aloe plant regenerates so quickly.
So, put simply, beauty is achieved by a clean diet and regular exercise, but there are certain foods, herbs and nutritional components that have a more direct and powerful impact on the condition of your skin than others ... but the fundamentals first:
(1) w a t e r .. and it delivers nutrients to the cells, carries toxins out, plumps up cells, minimising signs of dryness and lines .. 2 litres of spring or filtered water a day, giving priority to drinking as much as you can when first rising in the morning, because you wake up dehydrated. If you're a coffee drinker, wait as long as you can after you've drunk lots of water, as coffee starts the dehydration process again.
(2) f a t s also plump up the cells - include a rotation of foods such as: - chia - flax seeds (Omega 3) - hemp seeds (Omega 3,6&9, and one of the most nutritionally complete foods with all 9 essential amino acids & minerals) - avocado (monounsaturated) - coconut (saturated) These fats are great internally and externally .. and many home-made face mask, skin scrub and moisturiser recipes comprise of cold pressed organic oils and seeds, avocado, etc. In addition, without enough Omega 3, the cell membranes, which are essentially the brain of the cell, dysfunction. Absorption of other nutrients in the cell is compromised and they remain in the bloodstream. Remember saturated fats (coconut is the best), combined with monounsaturdated fats (Omega's) synergistically work together .. when combined their efficacy is doubled.
(3) m i n e r a l s - silica is the most important mineral, and is a catalyst for the biological transmutation of other minerals by the body (Orgono Living Silica is the best product in the world for silica supplementation, and is noticeably amazing for skin, hair, nails.). - Zinc is also one of the most important. It promotes cell division, repair and growth, and the production of white blood cells. Zinc is also essential for cleansing the liver, repairing tissue and oxygenating the body. Pepitas especially, and other nuts and seeds, and green smoothies will mineralise the skin. There are many sources of zinc at varying levels in plants, but Kirlian photography demonstrates it's almost completely lost as a result of cooking. Be aware of dairy as a trigger for the leaching of minerals from bones and wherever it can in the body to compensate. Don't look for calcium from milk .. it actually is a cause of osteoporosis. Also, be wary of calcium supplements .. they are all not created equal, and most will leach calcium from your body. One more point for guarding your minerals is knowing to protect yourself from being disconnected from the Earth's field. If you're not aware that you've had little or no opportunities to be "grounded" in 24 hours, you're being demineralised. That's another subject. - Sulphur is the third mineral that significantly influences the appearance of hair and skin, and is found in all connective tissue. It continually regenerates collagen and keratin for hair, skin, nails, drives nutrients into and out of cells, regulates blood sugar and the immune system.
(4) b e r r i e s - are powerful antioxidants that prevent and fight free radicals, and help protect from ultra-violet radiation. Some of the highest ORAC (Oxygen radical absorbance capacity) berries are: - Goji - Acai - Maqui - Camu Camu - Blueberries Collagen is especially susceptible to free radical (unstable oxygen molecules) damage. Antioxidants can prevent and even reverse the damage.
(5) v i t a m i n s .. Vitamin A: forces skin cells to turn over faster, bringing new fresh skin cells to the surface. Vitamin B's: helps with dryness, age spots, overall tone. Vitamin C: antioxidant, fights deterioration of collagen. Vitamin E: as well as being an antioxidant, it's a moisturising ingredient .. & you can squeeze a capsule directly onto skin. Vitamin K: while dark circles under your eyes can be caused by many things, they are typically visible because of leaking capillaries just below the surface of the thin skin of the eye area. Vitamin K is able to constrict those capillaries. (For dark circles, also address sleep and stress.)
They are the basics, but to get a bit more exotic and to power up your skincare strategies, I've found the following foods to be easy to drop into smoothies and other recipes with no problem at all:
a y u r v e d a s h a t a v a r i
t r a d i t i o n a l c h i n e s e m e d i c i n e s c h i z a n d r a p e a r l g o j i s o u t h a m e r i c a | a m a z o n i a n
e x e r c i s e & b e a u t y Never overdo exercise .. "moderate" is "more" .. too much will create excessive oxidation and inflammation in your body, which will ultimately show on your face!
f a v o u r i t e s k i n c a r e Nadine Artemis, www.livinglibations.com Face serum with silica, www.siliciumlaboratories.com Ron Teeguarden, www.dragonherbs.com, Cyclic Nano Silver Cleanser p r o d u c t s t o t r y n e x t Anne-Marie Gianni, www.renegadehealth.com Dr Patrick Flannagan, www.phisciences.com, Amazing Essentials www.energeticinteractions.com, Vizuri skincare products Stemulance g r o o m i n g f o r b e a u t y Be aware that people do "judge a book by its cover" .. within about 3 seconds, involuntarily. Make sure every external sign spells self-respect, and love .. and positivity .. your hair, makeup/shaving, breath, ironed clothes, shoes .. are you feeling like a wealthy, happy person? This may sound self-interested, but it's also a means to open people up to listen to your message. If you don't externally reflect what you have to say, credibility can be difficult to establish. Also, you've heard "fake it 'til you make it" .. and, "you attract what you are, not what you want". So never feel time is wasted by paying attention to detail with grooming .. enjoy it! A quote from Abraham (the name of a collective consciousness channelled by Esther Hicks) " The idea of “success", for most people, revolves around money or the acquisition of property or other possessions, but we consider a state of joy as the greatest achievement of success. And while the attainment of money and wonderful possessions certainly can enhance your state of joy, the achievement of a good-feeling physical body is by far the greatest factor for maintaining a continuing state of joy and well-being. And so, there are few things of greater value than the achievement of a good-feeling body. " a b r a h a m
... and this is what this website is about ... respect for your body, which is the gateway to opening up mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Disclaimer: The content of this website has not been evaluated by any Government or official health authority. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information presented is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice. Consult with your physician or other qualified health-care provider prior to starting any new health strategy, or if you need questions answered with regard to a medical condition.